Bought a packet of Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips yesterday. It's the first time I've seen this here.
Made these mint chocolate chips cookies based on the recipe printed at the back of the package. The cookies are rather crunchy, not the chewy type. They tasted almost like my elder one's favour ChipsMore cookies. After eating the cookies, he commented that they tasted like mentos!
I have posted the recipe here for easy reference:
Hershey's Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
2/3 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 & 2/3 cups mint chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
3. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
4. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or just until set; do not overbake.
7. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
I saw this and other types of choc chips at New York's Hershey's store but didn't know they are available in Singapore?! Where did you get them? Are there any other varieties?
I got them at Mustafa, of all places right?! There are no other varieties, except the usual Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips. If I were to go Sunnyvale again, I will get Reese's peanut butter chips ;)
Ooh,so pretty. Love chipsmore. we dont have that here in msia. can i have the recipe please?
Hi Bianca Mah the Monster, the recipe is avaliable here: http://www.hersheys.com/recipes/recipes/detail.asp?id=3601&page=4&per=25&category_ID=20
Hi so is this cookie's dough suppose to be hard or moist?
Hi lonliness is there...
the cookie dough is moist...these are drop cookies.
Post a Comment