Sunday, 28 January 2007
Bought a packet of Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips yesterday. It's the first time I've seen this here.
Made these mint chocolate chips cookies based on the recipe printed at the back of the package. The cookies are rather crunchy, not the chewy type. They tasted almost like my elder one's favour ChipsMore cookies. After eating the cookies, he commented that they tasted like mentos!
I have posted the recipe here for easy reference:
Hershey's Double Chocolate Mint Cookies
2/3 cup butter, softened at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 & 2/3 cups mint chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy.
3. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
4. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or just until set; do not overbake.
7. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.