Sorry, but I couldn't help but to bake muffins for breakfast today. As the CNY public holidays are still on, most of the stalls at the hawker centre or coffeeshops will not open for business until tomorrow. As such, we won't be able to have our breakfast outside, even though it is our usual routine to do so during public holidays.
I have left over bananas and blueberries, so I came up with this recipe of my own. I think I have been quite comfortable with making muffins, so much so that I could easily "mix and match" recipes and ingredients to make my own version ;)
Here's my version of banana blueberry muffins. The muffins are much better than the previous batch of blueberry muffins. They are more fragrant because of the bananas and the sweetness is just nice. The texture is rather fluffy and moist, although again, the appearance is not too pleasing to the eyes :(
I do hope I could made tasty and yet pretty muffins very soon!
(makes 12 muffins)
210g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 medium sized bananas, mashed
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl.
- Working over the bowl, toss the blueberries with about 1 ~ 2 teaspoon of flour mixture in a sieve, and set aside. Coating the blueberries with flour helps to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins as they bake.
- Combine egg, sugar, oil, vanilla essence and mashed bananas in another bowl. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Stir until just blended. Fold in blueberries gently.
- Fill muffin cups/liners till almost full. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degC for 20 to 25 mins.