Thursday 8 February 2007

Curry Chicken

I have decided that I will add in a category "Simple Dishes" to my postings here. I am not a good cook, in fact I can't really cook! I have been cooking for the family for almost a year, but till now, I can only make simple dishes such as porridge, fried rice, fried noodles and claypot chicken rice. My family members are not fussy eaters...that's probably why I can't improve ;)


This curry chicken will be the first post for this category. I have not cooked this dish for months. Simply because I have ran out of my sis' homemade chili paste. She finally found time to make the paste 2 weeks ago.

It's really a simple and easy dish, especially, if you have ready-made chili paste. Here are the steps:

Step 1:
Mix 1 ~ 2 tablespoon of chili paste with the chicken pieces (half a chicken).

Step 2:
Stir fry the chicken and potatoes a little, and add in 1 packet of coconut water and simmer for 20mins.

Step 3:
Mix 2 tablespoon of curry powder with a little bit of water to form a paste and add into the curry.

Step 4:
Add in 1 packet of coconut milk and simmer for another 5 to 10 mins. Ready to serve!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hihi i was wondering where i can get chilli paste if i dont know how to make it... is there any brand that out there that can be used? thanks!

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi, there are several brands of ready-made chilli paste available. I have not tried any of them. However, I have heard that the Prima brand is not too bad. You may want to give it a try. It's easily available in supermarkets.

Winky Mine said...

HI there, just wondering the packet of coconut water u mentioned is eaqual to what volumue ?

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Winky Mine, it is about 300ml.

Anonymous said...

Hi

You can buy packet of coconut water? I thought only coconut milk. So how do you get coconut water - do you just add water to the coconut milk?

thanks
Amanda

Happy Homebaker said...

Hi Amanda, I can buy the coconut water from the wet market. No, I dont add water to coconut milk. You can just use water.