Sunday, 11 November 2012
Oreo Butter Cake is one of the very first few cakes I made when I started baking and blogging.
Even though I am no fan of oreo cookies, I really like the texture of the cake, soft, moist and fluffy. It is such a simple cake to treat my oreo cookies monsters at home ;)
Oreo Butter Cake
225g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
85g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
170g caster sugar (I used 120g)
2 eggs, beaten
240ml nonfat unsweetened yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
80g Oreo cookies, remove filling, roughly crushed
- Line base and side of an 8-inch round pan with parchment paper (I used a tube pan, greased and floured).
- Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until mixture turns pale and fluffy. Dribble in the eggs (1 tablespoon at a time), beat well.
- With a spatula, fold in 1/3 of the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in ½ of the yogurt. Then fold in ½ of the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining yogurt, and vanilla extract. Finally fold in the remaining flour mixture.
- Fold in the crushed oreo cookies.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. If using a round pan, if desired, decorate the top with a few oreo cookies.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 degC for about 40 ~ 50 mins or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Unmold and transfer to wire rack, let cool completely.
Recipe source: My Kitchen: My Laboratory