These plain jane muffins are neither eye catching or looks mouth watering...but, they certainly are worthy of my calories...
Banana Walnut Chia Seeds Muffins
(makes 8 muffins)
150g cake flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
50g caster sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
50g vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large over ripped bananas, roughly mashed
50g walnuts, coarsely chopped, lightly toasted
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Sieve flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Roughly mash bananas with a fork.
- Place sugar, eggs in a mixing bowl. Whisk with a balloon whisk to combine.
- Add in oil, vanilla extract, whisk to combine.
- Add in mashed banana, stir with a spatula to combine.
- Add in chopped walnuts, chia seeds and sieve over the flour mixture, stir with spatula until just incorporated. DO NOT Overmix. The batter should appear lumpy.
- Spoon batter into paper muffin cups, fill to ¾ full.
- Bake in preheated oven at180degC for 25mins until golden and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack, leave to cool completely.