Saturday, 30 December 2006
The males in my family loves oreo cookies. Upon their request, I made these oreo muffins for breakfast. I simply replace the chocolate chips called for in the recipe with oreo cookies chunks. Here's a simple and easy muffins for all those oreo fans out there. The recipe here makes 6 muffins, you can easily double it to make 12.
I bought these muffin liners from Diaso at Vivo city, it comes in various sizes. This size comes in 40 pcs and cost only S$2. It has a wax lining on it, as such, the muffin comes out clean and neat and will not stick onto the liner unlike the usual paper liners.
(makes 6 muffins)
2oz butter, soften @ room temperature
35g caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
105g plain flour (all purpose flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup fresh milk
1/2 cup oreo cookie chunks
- Preheat oven to 190 degC.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter until soft.
- Add in sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg gradually. Beat well each time egg is added.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Fold flour mixture into the butter mixture, alternating with the milk.
- Fill each muffin cup/liner with batter till half full. Sprinkle several oreo cookie chunks on top, then cover with a spoonful of batter.
- Bake for 25 mins, until lightly browned. Cool the muffins in the pan for 5 mins before transfering to a wire rack to cool.