Wednesday, 4 April 2012
|cute little sugar pears...also known as seckel pears|
|the cake speaks for itself...|
|and the pear lives up to its name, soft and sweet...|
Pear and Chocolate Cake Pots
original recipe from here.
4 small pears
75g unsalted butter, soften at room temperature
75g caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
25g cocoa powder
75g cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
honey for drizzling
icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180degC. Grease 4 ramekins with some butter. Cut off base of pears, set aside.
- Sift cocoa powder, set aside. Sift together cake flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric whisk till mixture turns pale, light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs gradually, beat well after each addition. Add in vanilla extract. Beat to combine.
- Add in cocoa powder, beat till combined.
- Fold in flour mixture with a spatula, until just combined.
- Fill ramekin to half full. Place a pear in each ramekin. Bake for 16~20mins. Serve warm with a drizzle of honey and dusting of icing sugar. Great with a scoop of ice cream too.